View Single Post
Old 03.09.2016, 08:04 AM   #1041
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
So, you're mad that he released it on a different service than the one you already use. If it was a Spotify exclusive, I don't think you'd have any problem with this.

Free trial? I have already turned off my tidal renewal and I still have days left of free listening.

Anyway, best to just give up on Kanye, right? He did something you don't like and now you're both just acting like you're done. I appreciate that the situation is less than ideal, but fuck man... There's new music out there from an artist you used to love... What does not listening to it accomplish exactly?

Sorry, I just don't get it. It's new Kanye. Count your blessings that it even exists. I can't fathom waiting a single day to hear a new Kanye project.

Again, I just don't get it.

I'm not mad that it's on the service I don't have. I'm mad that a major artists thinks it's a good idea to pick WHICH store I HAVE TO buy his album at. When T Swift didn't put her albums on Spotify I wasn't "mad." She chose to leave it off one store. But I still could walk into Target or Best Buy or FYE or get it on Amazon or buy it from iTunes or... I had a choice. In this case I'm being told I need to subscribe to ONE certain service to hear the album. And I don't like the precedent. Yes, it's a free trial. But what happens when he releases the next one on Tidal only? Then what would your advice be to those that already did the free trial.

I know it seems silly in a way. But it's the principal. I don't want to be forced to sign up for a service (even if free trial) because Kanye says that's the only way he'll sell it to me. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Am I done with Kanye? Of course not! I love all his albums (that I've heard) and the moment he wants to give me a legal way to hear this one without forcing me into a subscription to a service I don't want, I'll hear it. If he doesn't want to make CD's, fine. But he can put it on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon streaming, etc and still not have CD's. It feels like a conflict of interest thing here though. Tidal is not doing great (at least in my anecdotal observations) and he's trying to push us into subscriptions by not leaving us a (legal) option. It's America, and he can do that. But I can "vote with my dollars" (again, I know the trial is free).