View Single Post
Old 10.19.2015, 11:34 AM   #15
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
ATL is one of my faves too. I always understood Hits of Sunshine to be an inversion our expectations of what a SY song or instrumental is. Instead of dense, high energy, abrasive playing there is slow, measured, languorous playing; while still masterfully balancing melody, noise, experimentation, effects, etc... It's like zooming in on a more typical SY track in extreme close up with tempo stretched out very slow but normal pitch maintained, though instead of achieving this through editing it is played in real time. Very psychedelic, fits the lyric. The phaser always makes me think of dripping dewdrops.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|