View Single Post
Old 07.24.2018, 04:27 PM   #2124
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ i think dexter started great—brilliant, really

then somewhere in the late seasons i got really fed up with it

not sure why but i think it wasn’t just me. did the writing take a dive? was there too much voiceover? something...

I agree. And I remember precisely where it took a dive for me. Season 5.

MILD SPOILER (maybe). The end of Season 4 was such a great "Holy shit!" moment for me. Mostly in the sense of "How the hell are they going to handle this next season? Boy those writers sure have balls?!?! This is great television." Then, you know how they handled it? They fucking ignored it and all the issues that should have arisen for Dexter. They "solved" any of the major issues by simply shipping characters off, essentially writing them off, and basically ignoring anything else around the situation. Such a disappointing follow up season to what could have been some of the best television ever.

That is precisely where the show went to shit, imo.

Up to that point, I thought it was great.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|