View Single Post
Old 01.21.2010, 03:19 AM   #5
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
White and/or rich people think everything created by them belongs solely to them, that's the difference.

I can think of better songs the Verve have done than "Bittersweet Symphony", but it tears my heart out every time I hear it, knowing that they aren't getting jack shit for it and Rolling Stones are getting richer than they deserve to be from a song that's only loosely connected to them.

Also, Manfred Mann's stingyness with a instrumental almost no one's heard cost Massive Attack their right to play one of their best songs ("Black Milk") live, and replace it with an alternate version ("Black Melt") which I don't think is as good.

Personally, if someone sampled my song without my permission and used it in a good song, I wouldn't care. However, if it sucked...