View Single Post
Old 05.24.2014, 03:16 PM   #152
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
dead_battery, I read EVERY word of what you posted here, took me like a fucking hour, enjoyed by beer with it, and enjoyed the posts all the more. Keep it up. As too tool, notice I said that they didn't come close to the depth of the vista that is Swans lyrics but I mentioned them because you said no other band even approaches the edge of that cliff, afraid of the view, and I think tool inches around that same territory, even if they don't like to jump along the side of that cliff face like mountain goats like Swans do.

Also, spot on tool analysis by the way, I enjoyed that too. As to the DVD, watched it last night, it wasn't that it was disappointing on its own, but I had also watched a youtube show from April 2014 and its SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER. That DVD is clearly from the tour where they road tested this material before recording, and the current tour reflects a better progression and band dynamic to playing this music live.

Toilet and Bowels, you're making me feel increasingly stupid for not yet getting tickets to Swans here in LA, at the Roxy (which means 200 capacity hole in the wall dive bar hence very intimate show), not for 24 pounds, but just $24

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|