Thread: 4AD
View Single Post
Old 04.20.2007, 03:44 AM   #9
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Really? I know they put out a lot of ''shoegaze'' stuff but, I thought they had some harder bands out also....oh well

I think that most of the stuff 4AD put out was 'quality', but I did find it a bit twee at the time (I'm particularly talking about the bands sonicl mentioned).

Lush, Cocteau Twins, Throwing Muses, Pale Saints, Pixies (maybe not twee, but a 'pop' version of pre-grunge/noise), This Mortal Coil.

Like I say, it was all listenable to me, and it was much played in the record shop I worked in in the late 80's/early 90's. And much of it was very pleasant to listen to in that context. It just never got me moist with excitement, unlike other bands at the time (Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Big Black etc) who sounded infinitely more exciting and most definitely DID get me moist!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|