View Single Post
Old 01.02.2015, 07:30 PM   #15
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
by the way, i don't think we've discussed Kendrick's performance on The Colbert Show a few weeks ago, where he debuted a new Untitled track: http://pitchfork.com/news/57867-kend...olbert-report/

fucking amazing. Kanye and Kendrick are truly the only things i NEED this year.

Yeah, I'm feeling that way too. Kendrick's new album is going to be HUGE of course. I doubt that it will leave room in the headlines for Lil Wayne. This is how things work. Kendrick is in an excellent position. I think he may very well redefine the culture in a way that only one artist does each decade or so.

Kanye is a fixture, and I think his ability to consistently make the perfect album at the perfect moment will help him meet and surpass any level of critical/fan expectation, no matter how lofty. Commercial success isn't even something Ye needs anymore. But I'm pretty sure he'll still do just fine sales wise.

I think the time for Lil Wayne has passed though. I mean, is anyone even thinking about Carter V anymore? I hate to say it, but I think Weezy and Niki are both quickly becoming caricatures of themselves. Soon they'll be relics.

But tbh, I'm much more interested in Ye, Kendrick & A$AP. Let's not forget about ol' Rocky naow.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|