View Single Post
Old 10.31.2009, 12:26 AM   #10
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
taste can obscure substance but it also can re-energise substance with interpretations that would not become available otherwise. i was talking about dead airs comment about how music sounds and i took this to mean a superficial vantage point where the first impression of music is negative because it is not familiar to the usual style the listener is familiar with. i don't think taste is the base substance of music. i got into sy because of stupid ideas that their particular sound must be so great and mean so much more because i was judging it in contrast with the mainstream. to me then it was as if sy where choosing to sound like this in opposition to the very things i wanted them to be in opposition to.
Then why not just watch their interviews and the like instead of listening to their music? What purpose does listening to the music serve if the idea of their music is more substancial? Taste is a thing that is broadened and it takes some exposure to get to the heart of quality. I don't think "first impression" is a clear example of taste. What is the substance of music, then?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|