View Single Post
Old 05.25.2015, 02:40 PM   #46725
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I still stand by my opinion that Severian writes pretentious ''reviews'' and hack-like jobs, rather than down to earth thoughts about the music he's listening to. To try his hand at higher moral ground because he's a nicer dude than I am, apparently, seems to prove the guy is courting approval and adopts the weasel kid approach of looking for reassurance from others because he got called out and he doesn't like it. I don't recall ever writing that he should stop posting or change his approach. I am very familiar with having insults thrown at my posts, artwork, music I listen to etc. I'm still here as you can see.

so you're trying to "toughen him up" or maybe trying to inspire a creative breakthrough by flogging him like the sadistic band teacher in "whiplash"?

original

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
That's WHY Richman's weird. His normalcy is exactly what makes him "weird" (in a traditional rock frontman context). But yeah, in the real world of course the dude who sings "I'm the lizard king" is the freak.

ha ha ha yes

Quote:
I'll listen to Mackaye later. I'm 3 minutes in and bored out of my mind, but I think it's just me.

fuck, i didn't mean for you to suffer through the whole thing in real time. just scan the transcription below & be done with it.

Quote:
But I've been wondering:
Do I want my rockstars to drink deep from the Dionysian cup?

i worship no rockstars and don't give two fucks about what they do but i personally want to drink from the dionysian cup on a regular basis-- their music is a bridge or a door or a pharmaceutical of sorts and there lies its value for me-- not in musician biographies.

Quote:
All I know is I picked up the Van Halen at the library because it was a sunny day and I wanted to listen to some dumb fun rock while I drove around running errands. (Too bad it happened to be a bad record and a little too dumb.)

damn. you probably could have used some bon scott-era ac/dc instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Truth is that the most experimental period in the popular music started in 1965 and it lasted in 1973-1975. After that things of course started to went wrong and punk was really healthy reaction to it.

truth!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|