Thread: reassessing goo
View Single Post
Old 09.03.2007, 09:46 AM   #57
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
hmm the productio thing is a weird one, its never sounded bad to me, it does i suppose reflect its time and the hand of ron st germain a bit but not to the dtriment of the songs or the album.

ron st germain seems to have been the producer of choice in those tricky situations of underground/challenging band getting a bit of a scrub up for radio for a particular, brief period of time before the alternative music deluge settled on its paradigm 'sound' of organic/realness sometime around in utero, but I don't think any of those things qualifies as 'bad' sound, I can see that as time has passed that to some ears it hasn't aged well but i have to say I love it, particularly when put up against some of the production jobs on others in that first wave of bigger more ambitious alternative music from around that time (say, anything by janes addiction or nevermind). to me a lot of those qualities of the sound which typify a post eighties 'how best to present this new sound, is it metal is it indie?' kind of approach to the sound actually harmonise it with the agrressive urbanised dense and sheeny productions of public enemy, which is very cool. to me anyway. its a hip hop record.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|