View Single Post
Old 11.16.2016, 12:23 PM   #19885
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
P.S. My favorite Hitchcock film is and always has been Rear Window. I'm not sure if this makes me some kinda pussy or what, but that film is damn near perfect in every way, and truly, undeniably terrifying. It taps into an entirely different kind of horror than Psycho or the Birds. A more complicated narrative also, as it grapples with the moral murkiness of privacy violation "for the greater good," an honest to God, real world horror that we still haven't learned any more about or come to terms with in any overarching societal way.

Rear Window > petty much everything

I'm of the opinion that Hitchcock was only at his best when he limited himself with locations etc. I'd quite happily go the rest of my life never seeing Vertigo (HOW that film was voted Sight and Sound's best film ever is beyond me), North by Northwest, The Man Who Knew Too Much etc. again.

The opposite is true for Rear Window, Rope and the like. Honestly, the films where he had free reign in the story to go wherever bore the hell out of me.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|