View Single Post
Old 11.04.2012, 11:50 AM   #16415
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You definitely make it sound more interesting than the other reviews I've read, which'd pretty much lead to me ignoring it. I'll look out for it now though, out of pure curiosity.

Yeah, you should. I'm no film expert, but I am pretty picky about movies, and generally a harsh critic. I think the movie got a bad wrap. On the other hand, I may be going overboard with my interpretation ( thank the psychoanalytic film theory classes I took for kicks in college) but I thought Liam's performance was incredible. Oscar nod worthy at the very least.

I think people's interpretations of films are clouded by their perception of the genre. Survival movies and "animals go crazy" flicks both tend to be pretty tepid and shallow, so I think the good ones are written off pretty easily. This one is different. To me anyway. Let me know your thoughts if/when you see it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|