Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2009, 01:59 AM   #16
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
Girls Rock necessarily won't teach girls how to play their instruments well. But the product is not the point. The camp lets girls realize that they too can play music and that it can be fun. It's also a place where girls learn to work together (rather than compete) with other girls.

Another thing to remember is that a lot of the girls that these rock camps cater towards would not otherwise have the means to access instruments, form bands etc. Girls Rock camps make efforts to cater towards a diverse demographic.

Well I think those things are cool, especially the second one. I think it's cool, but there are other connotations that I don't like... but maybe I'm just being weird.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|