View Single Post
Old 10.17.2013, 04:13 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
Thats the dream. Still dont know what to do or sell

you can do anything from tutoring the illiterate to making sheep cheese to writing and selling pamphlets to selling fish to restaurants-- i don't know what you can do, where you are, who is around you, etc.

like i said, your creativity is the limit. nothing to do with any "christianity". call it inventiveness then. figure it out.

what's your market? what needs can you identify? where do you have a competitive advantage? can you find a different advantage in a different market? for example, when i moved from a large metro to a small town i suddenly became the web guy everyone needed to hire because while i was just a generalist with a couple of years part-time experience nobody else knew shit about it. i made good money with that gig and nobody even asked me for papers (which i didn't have).

when i moved back to a bigger town i was nobody again, but it didn't matter because i had developed a different more niche expertise and while location was important my network grew across geography. now i've moved to the sticks to cut expenses and relaunch, and i'm trying to get things where it doesn't matter where i am, my product is out there.

anyway, there are oodles of books on entrepreneurship, from how to compete in the big leagues to starting a microbusiness to how to have a four hour workweek to purple cows and so on and so forth. but you gotta start somewhere with the right attitude which is-- necessity is the mother of invention. so get the fuck inventin'. unless you like zombie "jobs." (puke). start reading.

---

ps- while a tract with libertarian tendencies might be repugnant to you ideologically, i highly highly highly recommend you read thomas sowell's "basic economics" to get a real sense of how markets work. because marxists don't get it and liberals don't get it and misread things and keep demanding that "someone" provides them with what they need. anyway, excellent book, you don't need to eat the man's opinions on everything, just hear him out on economics and see if that helps you see opportunity where before was none. e.g.-- the siege of antwerp-- hilarious story about the power of smuggling.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|