Thread: how's your pet?
View Single Post
Old 10.25.2017, 09:55 PM   #42
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
my dog, lentil, had some mystery ailment and we had to hospitalize her for 2 days last week! very scary.

she was in some sort of state of shock but the vet's can't figure it out after a ton of testing. she seems to be on the mend now though. we think she might have eaten something she wasn't suppose to along with a ut infection. but praise the big kabala monster in the sky she seems to be doing ok now. having pet insurance saved us probably 2K. crazy. dogs> people

May have been something she ate. I’ve had dogs and cats exhibit symptoms like that after munching on something that grows in this thicket behind my mother’s garden.

Also, animals can have extremely bad reactions to human medicine. There’s a whole list. Girlfriend’s dog ate a bottle of some kind of mood stabilizer we just had sitting around (prescribed and never used), and the cat ate a little *scrape* of one pill. Dog stumbled around for the day; cat had to be taken to the hospital and pumped fullnof fluids and I had to pay a bunch of money to ASPCA to get their advice, and a number that would guarantee me priority (it didnt work, and kitty almost died while I was in waiting room). But... they saved him. Dog was fine, but thoroughly roasted for a good day.

I almost pulled the little veterinary nurse-secretary girl out from behind the desk by her collar. I swear I almost went to jail that day.

But praise Cthulhu, all was well.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|