View Single Post
Old 05.17.2008, 08:17 PM   #1181
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Oh, well there you go then. I'd surmise Dante wrote it as a Christian and for Christians. What I enjoyed most about the whole thing was the complete slap in the face at the end, when he "can't" describe what God looks like. Actually the whole poem is about people being slapped in the face; Virgil gets knocked back from Paradise for being a pagan, which I thought was pretty funny in a car crash kinda way. I'd love to go back in time and just add 'pwned' to the end of the verse.

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean by it being a wankfest. Dante's bleak allegories I agree with; his fantastical visions of redemption by the Christian God I find quite insipid. Perhaps I'm a masochist or somesuch, but his terse grip on the allegory just flies way off into a big Christian wank over the notion of paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|