View Single Post
Old 06.10.2010, 09:11 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
If the speed of light is the upper limit of speed for anything to travel at, as it seem to be, it doesn't really matter how technologically advanced the civilization is. They can build fancy machines but breaking the laws of the physics is a whole another matter. It's very possible that the shortest route to the next object in space is a straight line, and there's no way around it. And even the speed of light is quite slow, if you compare it to the cosmic distances.

If that's the case and the nearest advanced civilization is, say, 10 000 light years away (which would be quite near in cosmological terms) we'd have no reasonable way of communicating with them or even finding them out, as we'd only see in each other's past.

that is very true.
In our galaxy, the furthest stars from us are about 100,000 light years away. each light year is roughly ten TRILLION kilometers. sick distance.

I have always maintained that it is equally plausible that the "aliens" and "UFO's" people see and have sen through history are humans from the far far future travelng back in timeto harvest genetic material needed in the distant future.