View Single Post
Old 06.10.2010, 09:06 AM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I'm thinking in terms of some of the organisms that hang out in the deep sea vents that are (if I remember correctly) sulfide based - they look like crabs but are really collection of weird microorganisms - creepy -

their ecosystem is sulfide based. the bacteria "eat" the sulfides, using them to get energy instead of sunlight, those bacteria are then eaten by worms, fish, crabs, and so on. the animals at the sea vents are all the same life as we, DNA, water based life. Until we actually find some organism that eats, grows, and reproduces without water as a means for the chemical reactions that form "life", then it is pointless to talk about life as we do not know it. (at least when it comes to postulating the existence of life on a galacitic, universal level)

it may be that there are lifeforms that are pure energy, or that are indeed crystalline. Howveer, it is also just as likely that everything is alive in some sense (hylozoism) , since life is energy and change is the only constant in the universe.