View Single Post
Old 12.21.2016, 12:44 PM   #3872
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
The new Mos Def album is out on TIDAL.. waiting for it to hit iTunes.

I think this one is actually gonna be better than the Cole and Cudi albums, regardless of what I predicted earlier. After hearing those albums, I think they won't be that hard to beat.

Cole just sold a ton of copies (by today's standards) of that crap new album. 400,000+. Bigger opening week than The Weeknd, whose album seems to have also disappointed many.

Cudi is ok from what I've heard but not the kind of thing I'd buy. So, yeah, I'd say the new Mos is almost definitely going to be better than both. Even if it's not great.

Biggest thing about memorable hip-hop these days seems to NOT being restrictive to just hip-hop or rap sounds and styles. Kendrick does crazy sprawling jazz-inflected shit, Chance does something much closer to "pop" than "rap" and of course Kanye is always all over the goddaamn place. I pray more artists jump on board, because I feel standard hip-hop growing pretty stale. When I want to listen to R-A-P, I have 25 years' worth of music to choose from. I think it's time we enter into a "post-hip hop" era, whatever that look like.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|