View Single Post
Old 09.10.2014, 02:28 PM   #1057
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
He has not made a major label album that i would say sucked yet.

Nope. The RED Album has a few moments that feel totally out of place... Like-uh-the chipmunk soul track about the birth of his, like, fifth fucking kid? It's sweet enough until he explicitly mentions that it's not his first (or second, or third) kid... At which point it's just a "hnnh?" track.

First time dads can write about the nerves and the butterflies and the doubts all fading away when that little hand first grips their index finger... But this ninja should have the entire process down to a goddamn science by now. Nervous? Butterflies? My ass! You damn well know you've got the fucking gynecologist on speed dial.

Makes me wonder why he hasn't had the snip, or told his lady to tie those tubes into a little bow. Which of course makes me wonder if he's anti-birth control, or some kind of Godhead, which makes the rest of the album, the Game himself & all of his public behavior feel a little less badass and a little more crazy.

But yeah, I agree there isn't a bad record in his major label discography. And Jesus Piece is legit. I didn't like it at first, but that's probably because I kept hearing so many shitty things about it, and I let them get to me. But the album has been one of those "damn, that should have made my year end list" records for quite a while now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|