Thread: Scientology
View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 12:15 AM   #55
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Christianity is not based on guilt, but many catholics think it is.

Addressing #2- I wouldn't say that Christians try to "recruit troops", sure there are some crazy televangelists out there, but most Christians want to spread the "good news" (that is what Gospel means.) It is not that they need numbers. Sure, conversion to Christianity is pretty simple, but it is still an individual's choice.

I'm not ready for a holy war, I just get ticked when people say intolerant things, like religion is the root of all evil, and that all religious people are crazy/stupid/unreasonable.

Not to say that all Christians are reasonable. I never really liked going to church that much, because while there are some really nice people, there are always a handful of zealots, the real fire and brimstoney people. Plus the people that think your gonna go to hell if you don't get baptized the right way. There are some really crazy born agains too. Recommending all these self help evangelical books and talking about how great Pat Robertson is. Speaking of Pat Robertson, my mom was channel surfing one day, and say something about some of the stuff that was happening in the Sudan. Really brutal stuff. So she donated some money and they sent her a free Pat Robertson book. Out of pure boredom, I read the whole thing in about 1/2 hour. My favorite quote was "It says that animals don't go to heaven, but I hope to see horses once I get there, because I really love horses." Pat Robertson is a complete nut. I think he is a pretty harmless guy though.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|