Thread: Scientology
View Single Post
Old 04.06.2006, 11:27 PM   #51
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
1) remember the thread on the old board where someone posted a link to a quiz to know if they would have been nazis and most people put the results that they weren't? fuck that, you make hitler proud!!!

talk about herd mentality!!!

you guys are either dead set on destroying all religion or backing religion 100%; so are the holy wars upon us? because most of you sound like you would raise arms tomorrow if needed to be.

in my opinion, and by 'my opinion' i mean that this is how i feel and this is the way i practice religion, is that i take things with a critical eye, reasoning whatever makes sense and putting it to practice. i don't expect anyone to be like me this way but sure feels good for me. i am not religious but i do have a religion, and that's my problem, not anyone else's.

another false statement posted here is that all religions are based on herd mentality and shuns down individualism (except modern satanism, which i'll get back to in a little). i don't know about the rest of the religions because i don't know them as well (but i do know about them), but i know that judaism encourages individual mentality and questioning of everything, abolishment of dogmas. that's why people discuss the talmud, the guemara and the cabala (different than the diet fro-yo version used by hollywood "the kabbalah), so people can understand the interpretations and live by those teachings. the problem with a lot religious jews (and i'm around some them on basically a daily basis, but i don't mean all of them are like that, far from it...) is that they take a christian conception of religion as a form of guilt and repretion and apply it to their own beliefs. meaning christianity/catholism without jesus. and i think that's so sad and wonder how much they really know about their own religion

and now, before i go on, i'd like to finish my commentary about you guys being nazis. WHY DO YOU FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TOLERATE OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOICES/OPINIONS/WAYS OF LIFE?! why not just let people be, why do you think you have the almighty truth in your words? you don't! you have the truth for you and you alone. if people want to suffer, let them!! it's what they want

2) there's a difference between following a religion, being religious (meaning having your life absorbed by religion) and fundamentalism. having a religion is not bad unless it harms other people, that's when you cross the line to fundamentalism, that's not cool. but what do you care if someone is buddhist or hare krishna or christian? let them have their spirituality and let them have theirs, unless they are pushing you, you don't need to push back. also, religious christians seem crazy to you because a big part of their creed is the concept of prozelytizing/evangelizing people and have them come over to their religion; they try to do anything to get as many people into their religion as possible (because that's how that religion started and it's way of recruiting troops, literally). they try to convince people of all classes to follow them and if by talking "crazy" to you, they get to speak to other people and convince them, then why not? it has worked so far.

3) modern satanism is some of the crappiest, reactionary stupidities ever sold as something besides the whole concept behind both kiss and star wars. on the surface, after going thru the whole shocking "buahahahaha i'm reading about SATAN!!!" thing, the "philosophy" talks about being an individual and doing the best you can be and not feeling less than somebody else, which is a great concept. "a self help book with a shocking title" as someone described it; but, most people who do follow the laveyan satanism often come as backstabbing stupid people who only care about themselves and think everyone is below them, this being the way lavey intended his cult to be, so they form a religion full of actor/politician/rich people/rockstar wannabes (the people lavey originally marketed satanism for, howard hughes was a big supporter) who just go around stepping over all people they can until they meet someone who doesn't get impressed with their bullshit. plus, the satanic bible gets bought not by questioning, rational people, but by stupid, brain damaged kids who think they are going to learn how to sacrifice the family pet and end up getting their asses kicked three times as hard by the people who are truly above them. and yes, he had a lot of humor to it, but it goes over the heads of most who follow him, and probably even himself.

4) scientology, sure it gets made fun all the time and sure, it's dumb to think they believe in flying saucers as supreme beings who will save them; but have you stopped and think why so many actors are in scientology? if the only reason was their stupidity, then why switch games when you are already christian? the reason is because part of what scientology teaches is the control of weaker minds (which makes it pretty similar to laveyian satanism and isn't very surprising that both got popular right about the same time) and the use of most parts of the brain. they also teach them the power of speech and the power of words, so they can get what they want from anybody (in theory of course); also, they recruit (via iq tests) the most "intelligent" and "superior" people they can, which means that actors will be side by side with the best of the best. scientology isn't entirely dumb and it's not "tom cruise's religion, tom cruise is dumb" or "south park makes fun of it, it must be stupid". yeah it is dumb, but know why it's dumb and why it isn't. i bet you guys would think that scientology would be way awesome if brian wilson or animal collective or j mascis were into that. again, it's because it's "cool" to make fun of it and not knowing why, maybe thinking that now it's overrated to make fun of it all.

in conclusion, i kinda agree with chris habib when he said that all orthodoxy is bad, people shouldn not let things engulf them, but sometimes that's a very hard for some people
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|