View Single Post
Old 09.05.2017, 09:18 AM   #1697
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no! ilducio is a geologist by training (science!) who works/worked in construction projects (facts are important or the building crumbles!)

i said "that magazine" because the other day i was watching the new yorker show on amazon and they showed the fact-checkers at work. i meant it as an image of journalism at work, not to imply that ilducio was a journalist, because i was saying this wasn't a documentary etc.

anyway, he reads a lot of nonfiction too. me i prefer the fantastic genre in general. i hate reality, but it's the only place where i can get a good steak.

--

since i just finished marco polo (nude kungfu rules all), it would be good timing to get into another "serious" show. looking more for epic/war shit right now so i have shaka zulu lined up right now but maybe i could skip for a test.

Gotcha gotcha.

Ozark is super serious though. Almost weird to see Bateman in something that is so completely not funny. I think that's why it was gripping for me. You keep kind of thinking he's going to snark off, and make you giggle, but when he does get snarky it's deadly serious, or surrounded by deadly serious shit. Maybe that's a cheap trick from the writing angle, I dunno. But it worked.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|