View Single Post
Old 02.18.2007, 03:43 PM   #14
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I think to some extent my entire music collection is one big guilty pleasure.

I don't know about guilt, but I do feel silly about mostly everything I like, because listening to music is sort of a silly way to spend one's time. Often I have to stop and ask myself why I'm wasting my life bothering with music, and why I'm not doing something more productive and all that jazz. And then I go through phases where I try to take up some new hobby, but it never works out because I'm not very talented.

It's sort of like that one time my art teacher found out that I liked The Birthday Party, and he didn't believe me at first because I look like I'm about 12 years old on a good day, and then he wanted to talk to me about The Birthday Party, but I feel really stupid talking about The Birthday Party and pretty much all other music. Even with people who I know wouldn't mind being talked to about those things.

Which in turn reminds me of when I was probably 8 years old and all my friends were into buying CDs, and I really wanted to buy a CD too, except I was too afraid to tell my mom that I wanted her to take me to Music Biz so I could buy a CD, so I just never brought it up. Because even if my mom had said yes, I was too afraid to go into the actual store and pick out a CD and bring it to the checkout counter. Music has embarrassed me my whole life. It has always seemed really, really silly. I mean I honestly wish I had a number of other interests to focus on, but I only have maybe a few others that involve even a less amount of fun than listening to music.

Two music-related things I will talk about without reserve are: the show "Nashville Star" and Marilyn Manson.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|