View Single Post
Old 04.26.2008, 04:37 PM   #14
naughtymoose
empty page

naughtymoose has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
To batreleaser: I go to the Smell frequently and it's a really great place to see a show if you want to feel the dingy, DIY, arty, dirty, punk, youthful, intimate thing. Personally, I love that thing. But I don't know if I would make an 8-hour drive to it unless the band that I wanted to see wasn't playing anywhere nearer to where I was. OK, maybe I would cuz it would be an adventure at least.
Dan Deacon's playing there tomorrow but it's supposed to be a secret. I saw him perform there a couple weeks ago and it was a secret performance as well. Very fun. People are very nice. Homeless "security guard" Daniel always giving me a hi. Just do it but make sure the band is worth it.
Also, I've lived in LA all my life and I used to not like it so much. All I saw was scenesters and Hollywood bullshit but I was just ignorant and very impressionable (probably still am). I believed what everyone else, who most of the time weren't from here, had to say about it. Then, I started actually exploring. I found the Smell and other cool stuff and remembered my own personal roots that never had anything to do with Hollywood and scenesters and I love it here now. Plus, we have the best tacos. Why do people hate LA so much?
Here's the Smell's schedule - http://www.thesmell.org/schedule.html, just because I felt like making it convenient for ya.
naughtymoose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|