View Single Post
Old 09.12.2010, 06:53 AM   #87
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
OUT NOW ON WAVES OF DECAY (http://wavesofdecay.blogspot.com):

ROBE. - NIGHT TERROR.
$10, limited to 70, double casette. There's a shipping cost but he also put out a Demonologists and a Skin Graft tape and if you order those, you can get this one cheaper. Just go to that blog.

ANYWAY, there's a wonderful review for it here: http://killedincars.com/post/877324617/robe

...but the main thing is, I just want to personally say that this is the best Robe. album we've ever done. There is tribal drumming, black metal tremolo picking, distant ghost melodic moaning, and the star of the album is trombones, trumpets, and saxophones on every track. This is the most melodic album we've ever made, extremely minimal and lonely. Unlike a lot of Robe. albums, it isn't really awash in dark noise as much... there's some quiet droning, but the album is based around very very delicately played, highly melodic horns.

Anyway, in my mind, this is our best album, the one we've always been working to make, and will be the last one for a while (er, forsaken is coming out on NOISE NOT MUSIC and the UUUUU split is coming out on Dream Root, but...). We're going to have to drastically change our sound if we want to continue. But who knows -- maybe we won't continue, maybe this will be our final document.

Either way, if you've ever wanted a good place to start.. or if you've just been waiting for Robe. to make a good album... check it out. It's on double casette, which only adds to its ghostly sound, but I can share the mp3's eventually if anyone wants me to (I have them in 320/48, which is like 398mb!).

Enjoy.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|