View Single Post
Old 01.13.2014, 05:23 PM   #17547
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i watched volume one of "american avant-garde film" (or something like that) and it was the most boring thing ever.

i realized that 99% of the time "avant-garde film" means: white people making a bunch of random shapes on the screen by a variety of methods to the tune of some sort of chaotic sountrack (with the inclusion of unfamiliar "ethnic" tracks).

now i'm not opposed to experimentation but come on! please make something that i can care about without the use of psychedelic "wow, look at those colors, maaaan" drugs. experimentation doesn't have to mean "random shapes moving to the sound of music."

maybe i'm being unduly harsh, but it was all unwatchable, and the modern music video has improved so much over those early pioneers as to render them irrelevant. it's not like watching fritz lang or buster keaton and saying "wow, this still works a century later."

i'd rather watch hbo series, sorry.

eta: along these lines, i find "born into brothels" to be much more truly avant-garde. putting cameras in the hands of kids = innovation.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|