Thread: One Hit Wonders
View Single Post
Old 08.12.2009, 01:56 PM   #20
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Here in the 'burgh we have a radio station called Bob FM. Their slogan is "We Play Anything", and they beat you over the head with it at every oppourtunity (sp?). Like when they come back from commerical, they say, "Now back to more playing anything". But in reality, all they play is the Top 40 of the past 25 years, and most of it is one hit wonders. Divinyls ("I Touch Myself"), EMF ("Unbelievable"), Nick Gilder ("Hot Child in the City"), the Proclaimers ("500 Miles"), New Radicals ("You Get What You Give"), etc.

Although, I wouldn't mind being a one-hit wonder. Think about it: You get about a year's worth of stardom, royalties out the ass, and eventually comedy writers pay you to use your name as the punchline to a joke.

I'd prefer being a two-hit wonder, because it gives you legitimacy in the eyes of the music press...