View Single Post
Old 07.08.2015, 08:32 AM   #1244
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
did PE really never receive any radio play, at all?? but you got my point anyway, just replace them with Biggie or pretty much any other respectable rapper from the 80s-90s. the radio playing your songs doesn't make you "less hip-hop" than others..

PE rarely received any goddamn radio play at all, and barely any MTV play, even on Yo MTV Raps.

The shit was too agitating!

you gotta remember that hip hop/rap music got minimal airplay unless it was straight pop fluff like Hammer, or the endless repeats of Sugarhill Gang, and it took a while for middleamerica/whitefolks to not be scared. People were SCARED of RUN DMC. They looked like hoodlums, not "rock stars" and it freaked folks out. You should have been alive to see the UPROAR! that was caused by 2LiveCrew's rapping wack-ass nursery rhyme profanity! It went all the way to fucking Congress!

Either way, I cannot get Wetty Fap's TRAP QUEEN out my goddamn head! Screw you StreetFlava!