View Single Post
Old 07.08.2015, 08:23 AM   #1243
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
rap used to be mostly protest music back then, talking about how poor and broke you are. and now it's evolved to the point where it's mostly about representing triumph as a result of overcoming adversity and struggle. and that's beautiful if you ask me.

if you actually read the words that are being rapped these days by the rappers coming up, all they talk about is how much $$$ they made selling drugs, how they then used that drug $$ to buy themselves a record, and a video, and fly shit, and how they never ever stop earnin'.

It is bullshit. half of these fucks are talking out their asses daydreamin and pipe-dreamin and rapping about owning Bentleys and Mosbachs when they have to borrow money from some gangster to RENT one for the video shoot, which they can't even drive because that would cost more...

Many of the others? They really DID sling rock and heroin , or pimp women, and help ruin the lives of countless hundreds of people, possibly killing people, then they realized the "real game" was in hustling CD's and making beats.

I respect Drake for what he has done. I do not enjoy his rhyme schemes nor his MC voice. That's just me. But he has done it the "proper" way I guess.