View Single Post
Old 01.10.2017, 09:26 PM   #48460
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah! There was a lot of spontaneity to some classic Beatles moments.

It's funny also that a song like "Strawberry Fields Forever" took off and spawned the sonic blueprint for Sgt. Pepper's, but wasn't allowed to be on the album by Martin and Epstein (cuz marketing or whatever). But still, off they went, full speed ahead, making their album (and what an album!) despite that bump in the road. They did more improvising than legend would have us believe.

I read some Beatles in the studio sessions book long ago but, I don't think it was the one you two are discussing. a "Walrus" acoustic demo? nope. never heard of that.

I really wish someday somebody will release the acoustic White Album demos that was recorded at George's house. instead of some mono dubbed bootleg copy that's out now. they have a super intimate campfire jamboree quality that I like over the original album sometimes.

ever since the anthology series, it is interesting to hear the incubate demo versions of a lot of songs. they're mostly complete and raw without GM adding strings and horns as a counterpoint of the melody. not to mention the instruments John, Paul, George would play without familiarity.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|