View Single Post
Old 01.25.2007, 10:38 AM   #30
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
I never considered Lynch as part of the hip/arty stuff. He's never there to create a hype surrounding his films, they always just kinda arrive.
This ain't arthouse shit in my opinion. But you don't have to 'try' to like David Lynch. You just like 'all' 'most' 'some' 'one' 'none' of his work.

I remember being very young when Twin Peaks aired in Europe and it were my folks that were watching it. they told me about it, taped it and that was my first contact with the work of Lynch without knowing him. Now my parents can't stand watching his films as they would knock asleep while watching it. i remember ranting about Lost Highway and when some friends came over to watch it my enthousiasm was ill-tempered as they thought
it was shit. luckily i have some other friends that are into the same shit as me.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|