View Single Post
Old 01.25.2007, 09:14 AM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
What I was kinda hoping was that the statement of INLAND EMPIRE being Mulholland Drive's 'evil twin' would nurture my needs

The thing with MD to me was I really liked the first hour and a half but wasn't satisfied with the last half hour glued to the rest, like Lynch was explaining dreams like Freud would. I was hoping that IE would just intertwine with scenes / rooms / dreams and no explanations - I don't mind an absurd maelstrom. I see his films, as do some critics as well, as a canvas of moving paintings (as Lynch own earliest paintings).

Then again I think being into making videos and bending my own ideas into images myself can preoccupie ones mind while watching his movies.

We'll see how it turns out

well if that is the case then you might enjoy it immensely at first try. its tricky though, for an abstract movie to be shot on video, because it even eliminates that visual element -- bu video for itself... well i think you are n the right mind to enjoy it, and if you do, when you do, please tell me how.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|