View Single Post
Old 05.12.2010, 08:08 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Yeah, you would need a gang of ghost writers.

yeah. how's your treatise coming?

Quote:
First, the commodity does not make the economy.

according to marx, it's the means of production that makes the economy.

i posited the question as a "means of exchange" instead, presuming the existence of markets-- which actually are not necessary, come to think of it... you can have a "market-free" economy" instead of a "free market" one.

our economy however commodifies-- the initial question ("means of exchange") does not beg a commodity. the commodity is in our XXI century minds.

but can there be exchange without markets? i'd say yes-- look at bees-- there is an exchange of calories between the colony members but nothing i could think of as "a market".

Quote:
We must consider a basic political power dynamic in which a value can be found.

so for you power precedes the economy? i'm more of the persuasion that it's the economy that creates political power. but one can disagree on that.

Quote:
I think, in contrast to our times, a good premise would be an intergalactic anarcho-communist religion would be interesting in giving a stark investigation on the birth, as it were, of an economy.

i don't understand this

Quote:
Perhaps, among this religious economic quietism, a sect of technology-worshipers begin to barter data?

a good idea-- in the intergalactic thing or in the birth of an economy? (as you can see i didn't get the above).

anyway, time for tea and key lime pie.

/end of line
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|