View Single Post
Old 09.02.2006, 08:50 AM   #3
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Hell of a show. 3 of my favourite bands playing at such an odd location was great. I managed to be front row centre, and SY rocked. I was dissapointed that about half the audience wasn't standing up when SY were on, but oh well.

The setlist:

Candle
Reena
Incinerate

then out of order:

Teen Age Riot
Skip Tracer
100%
Rapture
What a Waste
Jams Run Free
Turquoise Boy
then they closed with Pink Steam

Highlights were Candle, Jams Run Free, Skip Tracer (probably my favourite Sonic Youth song), and Pink Steam (GREAT song live). Thurston made some jokes during the show (him introducing Kim as Lady Soverign, "a hot new rapper from Europe" and Mark as someone else, before Candle, was hilarious), and before Pink Steam Thurston said "This song is about getting food poisoning at the Allentown State Fair yesterday." I saw the setlist, and they had Expressway planned as the encore, but since Thurston was sick, they didn't play it. Oh well, the show was amazing regardless. Only downside was a guard told everyone in the first few rows to sit down during Rapture and Skip Tracer, since most of the audience wasn't standing until Ween.

I had met Flaming Lips' drummer, Kliph, before the show, and we talked a bit and he was really cool (and a huge Youth fan), and he was watching them at the side of the stage during their set. When Lee finished with his drumstick after Teenage, Kliph told a roadie to give it to me

I'm at a hotel comp right now, so when I get back home, I'll have some pics. Hope they turned out good!

I'm not sure wheather this show could compare to the crazy Toronto show because of the lack of energy from the crowd, but regardless, thank you Sonic Youth for putting on another fucking great show.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|