View Single Post
Old 06.07.2015, 04:52 PM   #14
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

severian while there is still a lot of stuff being made in this vein the whole thing has become completely decentralised and what gimple's talking about I feel died in about 2010/11 when wolf eyes went on hiatus, emeralds & opn graduated to emego, james ferraro made far side virtual, pocahaunted fell apart, the output of sightings/hair police etc. becoming considerably less frequent.

yeah this is exactly it - anyone want to share more insights in this vein please go for it

good to see i'm not the only one that noticed a sort of historical moment that happened for a few years

i can def remember a period where it seemed like there was an entire sub genre of skaters influenced bands.

the thing about this is that i don't want to impinge too much into things like hauntology and hypno and the whole fangs and arrows type scene because a lot of that stuff has already been covered but i do want to include the branch off points