View Single Post
Old 06.11.2010, 09:47 PM   #51
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
What to do when all you ever wanted was a career in music? It's all your good at? You have a functional band? An outlet to create, perform, a growing fanbase? I have no problem being poor, but I cant even support myself at the moment...

I don't know. Most of my favorite artists can't support themselves with music. They need to do something else on the side. It's sad but the same goes for my friends who are actors, film-makers, writers, painters. A lot of them end up doing something related to the skills they've got (editing, writing for a magazine, illustrating stuff). But the world has no financial appreciation for art anyway.

I wish people could make a half-decent living from their art but I don't know if this is really that bad. One of my favorite writers once said that if she needed to write to survive, and it wouldn't be spontaneous and sincere anymore.

On one hand I know how much one can benefit from having structure to create art. On the other hand, less conditions do trigger creativity.

I want the choice to make music. I also want the choice not to do it when I don't feel like it. I am constantly turning down invitations for gigs, partnerships and the like. Because since I don't make my living that way, I'll do it my way and play/record where and when I want, whatever way I want to.

But that's, of course, just me.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|