View Single Post
Old 06.09.2010, 07:45 PM   #199
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
So I'm reading Psychic Confusion, and I live for times when I can find a link to artists to artist. So in 1984 this promoter named Stuart Swezey, set up a organization called Desolation Center, which arranged concerts the unusual locations. The man had already put Meat Puppets and The Minutemen on barge and sailed them around Long Beach harbour. "It was a party boat with a hundred people and a bar, floating real slow all around Long Beach harbour all night."

In 1985, this Swezey guy had started multiple guerrilla festivals held in the Mojave Desert. This group from LA called Savage Republic played the first of three shows along side The Minutemen in a dune of a dried out lake bed. (THE FUCK?!) Anyways, the THIRD SHOW was held on the night of Jan 5th, 1985 and FEATURED NOT ONLY Einstürzende Neubauten, but Red Kross, The Meat Puppets AND SONIC YOUTH.

SOMEONE BUILD A TIME MACHINE NOW! We need a flux capacitor like asap

This show must've been insanely amazing.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|