View Single Post
Old 06.08.2010, 04:19 PM   #133
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
yeah. its a shame he seems to have stopped releasing any of his own material. apart from some rumoured collaborations he has been quiet.

i do agree that untrue and many of his other songs are some of the best of the decade. however im dissapointed that he hasnt gone any further, because it does seem like he could take his sound to new places. it certainly doesnt seem to me anyway that what he did was just a one off that couldnt be repeated. althought maybe he sees things the opposite way, and its a case of hype throttling talent in self concioussness AGAIN. thats why im so anti hype, now that everyone has google. i don't even like to shout about the albums i do think are extraordinary or set new standards, because it feels like you are doing the artist a disservice by treating them in that way. burial appears to be just playing it safe with collaborations lately, which would appear to back up my theory on fear of not living up to unrealistic expectations.

i cant think of many others who explored the atmospheric side of things that burial did so well. however i don't listen to enough electronica and could use recommendations. i don't have the knowledge to scan that side of things as well as i can other types of music and find out about new stuff. usually i'm a bit behind with it.

dubstep now needs to become an unacceptable trend. if you accept the hardcore continuum theory then its time for dubstep to transmute into something else entirely. the only stuff i'm aware of that could be seen as picking up from burial would be maybe some of the darkstep stuff, but you don't get a lot of femininity in electronica, which is sad and which is why burial was so unusual. maybe a few of the hauntology albums explore something similar to what burial did, but were else do you get find a male making music and doing those kind of gender acrobatics with his voice? unfortunately not everywhere. that aspect is definitely the most important thing about his music and what everyone else needs to pick up on.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|