View Single Post
Old 06.02.2010, 05:18 AM   #116
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you lost me with "unchanging substratum substance". sorry. im not trying to be a smartass. i just don't get what those 3 combined words mean.

Well, there's the single word "hypokeimenon" but that's not helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you think those things existed since the days of our lemur ancestors? from what i know, they started with civilization, though they may have their precursors in tribal stages. but the tribal mind is ruled by mythical/magical thinking rather than logic and rationality. levi-strauss i think did a study of that and listed the various cognitive differences-- i read about it ages ago & would look up but it's almost 4am.
Nah, I just think that those things can be reduced, or maybe traced back, to very primordial instincts. The Ishango bone and Lebombo bone both demonstrate how old the basics of mathematics really are. In fact, some have speculated that mathematics began with women tallying their menstrual cycle: http://www.tacomacc.edu/home/jkeller...ses/menses.htm

In any case, I tend to refrain from speculating upon the abilities of prehistoric people since they are capable of many fascinating surprises. And it's 3:30am here, so I'm not arguing anything.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|