Thread: scientology
View Single Post
Old 05.27.2010, 08:59 PM   #93
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
One love man, but why do some Rastas treat their women so terrible?

Those are not true Rastafari, much like in all communities, there are fakers who don't follow the true practice. The true heartical Rastafari i-dren treat womben with the utmost respect, dignity, honor and love. We call our queens Empress and mean it in the i-ghest. Don't let the dancehall fool you, most Rastafari wouldn't dare set place in them, I-man is just a bit more dangerous than others, and bend rules to spread the vibzin in different places. Catch me chanting "Selassie I" and sonic youth shows, ask somebody, I know they heard it

Quote:
the "god" of christianity does not clear sin. according to the new testament, jesus sacrificed himself to atone for all of humanity's sins, past and future, so there should be no more reason to worry or fret about sin. it has been cleared. some christian churches claim that only by "believing" in jesus and "accepting him as your lord and saviour" does this "sin-atonement" actually work. that is bullshit they made up to cover their asses. according to the bible that is all nonsense. Jesus was actually preaching the abolition of all organized religion.
any christian church is pushing BULLSHIT for they know what Jesus was really after and they have to cover it up with bullshit to keep people from understanding it. Even now, many roman catholic masses are still heldd in latin in south and central america, to keep the people from understanding what is going on and to keep the "magic" alive, the flim flam. They also limit access to actual spanish bibles so that eventhe literate cannot learn for themselves.

The hebrew faith does not believ in a heaven nor a hell, therefore they also do not believe in "sin" as the christians do. they beleive all people end up in an eternal "sleep" after death.

Buddhists do not believe in heaven or hell, or in sin. one's actions reverberate through the cosmos, whether good or bad, and affect one's soul's travels as the soul goes from new body to new body.

Hindu belief does not account for "sin" either

I agree with most of this BUT you must be enlightened on some things, and if you are purely hostile and antagonistic you will never learn beyond some of your misconceptions, just like folks like me need to remain open minded and listening to the perspectives of others. We are equal, but it goes both ways, you should hear out Christianity more honestly rather than continually just beat it up, especially because you are so well educated and experienced with it as you have said many times before. That is why I always reason with you about this, not to try to convert you, but actually because I value your input and opinion as a "out-sider" because obviously I wear some biased blinders, but so do you in the opposite direction. we need to always hear out each other's perspective.

check it:

I agree completely with universal salvation through Jesus Christ, I have walked around skid row and every church I been to teaching such belief and faith. It is not Christian to condemn anyone (but yourself alone). The reality is that though Jesus' blood atones for sin, it is by no means an excuse. It as Paul said, "All is allowed to me, but not all is edifying." Humans are not perfect, and we will continue to "sin" even with Christ's atonement, but we must strive everyday to live better, rather then making excuses for our own shortcomings because Christ will forgive us eventually. Should the rapist keep raping because Christ's blood will atone for his sin (because sin is sin, there is no degrees in this)? Of course not, so honestly and openly those who sin must strive not to, otherwise they will simply fall into a bigger pile of shit, and all morality and religion aside, their "fuck it" attitude will get their life in a bad place and a hard hole to dig out of. The Church therefore HAS to emphasize the continuation of sin and the illusion of hell and judgment simply to encourage people to continue to strive for the good, and not to become complacent in the bad, and I have met PLENTY of Christians in my life who do all the worst things in life and abuse, hurt and neglect themselves and even worse other people all in the excuse that Christ will forgive them in the end. Let universal salvation not be an excuse for living a negative or destructive life (by anyone's standards)
Quote:
catholics believe that some sins are irreparable, and will automaticall land you in hell, even though jesus died to atone for all opf humanity's sins, including the ones the church deems "mortal sins". Hell, the stupid fuckingh catholic church created the idea of "original sin" to essentially force every believer into thinking they were born sinful, that a baby newborn is already stained in it's soul. bunch of fucking assholes.

I also HIGHLY AGREE with this, and you are beyond wise in your understanding (wisdom coming from your experience) but again, the point in emphasizing sin in this is to turn to jesus.

also to enlighten you on some points you made earlier about the Latin mass, it is not in latin to subjugate people who don't speak latin, from MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IN A CHURCH WHERE THE MASS is in a language that I don't understand, it was actually more spiritual enriching and a true meditation. I PREFER not to understand the words, it makes me dive into a zen meditation and FEEL it rather then comprehend it intellectually. This is what the Church Fathers intended in the first place, to force people to go out of their comfort zone, out of their intellectual faculties, and to simply have to FEEL it, just like you have to FEEL a new sonic youth song to like it long before you learned the words.

Also, about confession I saw earlier, I can't vouch for Catholics, but in Orthodox Church confession is not merely a guilt trip and phony absolution, but rather a deeply personal, introspective psychological therapy session, where the priest and you go through what YOU believe the be the mistakes, errors, sins, offenses in your life, and he and you work out a plan that YOU feel good about, much like any conventional psychologist. It is in fact ancient psycho-therapy, and by the way, it can be very effective in this regard. I learn a lot about myself from Confession, but then again, I am blessed with a truly gifted clergy. I understand completely the corruption and just plain incompetence means there are plenty of people who DONT get this experience, but that is not Christianity's fault, it is the individual flaws of the faulty but real people who are by no means infallible.

Please iyah, take my advice, read into Christianity not with your intellectual capacities, but with your intuitive, spiritual third eye. I know you are indeed a very wise man, and people like you can help Christians more then hurt us I assure you

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|