View Single Post
Old 05.06.2010, 06:00 PM   #23
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not so certain of that one. The election of a black President of the United States, after the fact, seems to be a more a step forward in the abstract rather than the concrete.

For me, it calls into question a conflict between the qualified and the token, a question that was personified when Sarah Palin entered the McCain's campaign. It cannot be doubted that President Obama was elected in a combination of both his qualification regardless of his race and as a token of his race. As such, it makes it difficult to speak about the advancement of black people, which seems to get by on the uncritical conflation of both aspects, in such a way that I think racial identity needs to be re-evaluated.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|