View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 11:08 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
How anyone can defend a faith whose clergy systematically sexually abuses children is beyond me.
my friend, 1/4 women is sexually assualted in her life time, there are child molesters/rapists in EVERY human institution. In the family unit (somebody's uncle/dad/brother/cousin etc etc), in the school (somebody's teacher, principal, counseler, couch etc etc), in the government (somebody's politician, bureuocrat, intern, cop, firefighter etc etc), in the Churchs/Mosques/Synagogues/Temples/Shrines etc etc (somebody's priest, imam, rabbi, minister, yogi, monk, etc etc).. this shit is EVERYWHERE!

Either we abandond our human society as we know it, or accept its limitations and work to correct our faults without needlessly destroying the very sources of our culture.. It is not the institutions which are flawed, it is the scumbugs who creep into ALL manners of them. Protestants got rid of the Catholic Church, turns out it had nothing to do with the Institution of the Roman Church, there are scumbag molesters in the Lutherans/Anglicans/Baptists etc etc.....

Even within Rastafari mansions and organizations we have seen this happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
It's funny how people attack Dawkins in exactly the way they claim he attacks them (but actually doesn't).

Dawkins has produced quite a large body of work in the field of evolutionary biology. .

meh.. I've read a good deal of Dawkins' work, its hardly impressive, groundbreaking nor even well-written.

further, why doesn't he every use this rational, scientific perspective in his critiques of religion? No substance, just sensationalist fluff and rah rah rhetoric! As I said, Origen offers far more substantial arguments against theism than any thing I've read from this atheism fad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you're completely wrong, by the way. why do the religulous always equate atheism with nihilism? .

Dawkins isn't a nihilist because he is atheistic, he is an atheist because all bullshit aside he is a nihilist, onery bastard!

Nihilism and religion are not polar opposites, many many religious people are horribly self-destructive nihilists, especially those fire and brimstone types..
I-man is about 100% positiveness everytime seen? I don't care what God(s) you do/don't believe in, piss on a statue of Jesus for all I care, but please, don't be such an antagonistic, destructive, grouch about it..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|