View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 04:38 PM   #31
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
We're getting closer all the time to understanding why people are so willing (and possibly "hard-wired") to believe.

This is Rahner's 'natural religion', or more loosely, 'the natural yearning for humanity towards God'. I can't remember if he talked about it on a neurological level, but he certainly did on a socio-biological level.

I only mention this because part of the problem I have with 'ration' and 'reason' foisted against religion is that the Church has got an awful lot of ideas that it can appeal to that existed well prior to the enlightenment.

Anyway. All I really want to say is that Quentin Meillassoux's criticism of religion in 'After finitude' is really good, without actually bothering with the incommensurable, negative-dialectical relationship that Dawkins et al seem to (to my reading at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|