View Single Post
Old 02.27.2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Sucklechimp
little trouble girl

Sucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's asses
What do you all think about Unwound's final album? Had it playing in my car the other day for a few days and realized I had probably listened to it just as much or more than some SY records.

Really thinking about it, I would say this album reminds me of listening to Daydream Nation for the first time. It really changed the way I think about rock, just like DDN did.

DDN was the first real SY record I listened to, and I was a kid. My friend made me listen to it and I knew it was the shittiest band with the shittiest sound. Totally changed my life. When I heard Unwound, which Leaves was the first record, I was so pissed off. Here's this band trying to sound like SY but they fail so miserably. Like a third rate SY. Couple of listens later what the fuck brilliant.
Sucklechimp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|