View Single Post
Old 02.26.2010, 08:43 PM   #66
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I just came back from seeing xiu xiu. It was amazing, I have no words to describe it, just phenomenal?

I think their recent work is way more interesting than the first albums. My favourite is still la foret because... they've been doing something new since then. The first albums were very nice, but still guitar song stuff. What they are doing now takes getting used to, but there's some real thought behind it. It's still very very melodic, and their set up is extremely creative and the sound incredibly powerful with only two people onstage.

His songwriting is still as innocent/dirty/miserable/kitsch and his voice just beautiful.

It's just difficult to hear at first, it takes a few times, but these last albums (air force/women as lovers/dear god, i hate myself) have some powerful tracks.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|