View Single Post
Old 02.26.2010, 04:58 PM   #24050
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I used to own Americana. It was pretty alright. I still really like the singer's voice.
The artwork (the front, back and booklet) used to really haunt me when I was 8/9. It was also one of the first albums I owned and The Offspring were the first band I could really have a connection with. I pulled out all their albums last week and listened to them all and fuck.. they're still as good as when I first heard them! Americana is probably not their strongest album but it's definitely the most sentimental to me personally. I honestly think it's what set me up for weirder music as when I was younger I thought the stuff on the album was so much weirder than a normal mainstream "punk" album.

Anyway, if you still care to listen, you should track down Ignition. It was their second album and it was released on Epitaph in 1992, before they were massive stars. Tons of great songs. Smash was also an amazing record and so was Ixnay on the Hombre. Actually I like everything they've done bar a few songs on Conspiracy of One, half of Splinter and the whole of that new album they did.

I'm really enjoying revisiting these albums as I think I felt I was above them after listening to such obscure music for so long. It just feels good to go listen to some powerchords again ya know?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|