View Single Post
Old 02.26.2010, 04:52 PM   #62
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
You know what I honestly think? As they've went along, they've wanted to be taken more seriously. Of course, their songwriting hasn't really improved, it's just gotten a bit more boring, some might call it a refinement, but it betrays what made them interesting to begin with, while still forcing in these little parts to appeal to their fans from 9 years ago. Ultimately, I do think they have some unique material, but more often, it's annoying material, and the new stuff just sounds suffocating, like all this stuff is going on, clashing with each other, and it's hard to appreciate from any angle. The songs aren't really good enough to get into, the noises aren't anything new or interesting, there's nothing haunting or particularly interesting about the songs, and the lyrics are the same tired shit. It's pretty much business as usual, except it sounds a bit cleaned up and more, eh, "focused" than before. Which isn't my thing.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|