View Single Post
Old 02.02.2010, 06:18 PM   #112
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
That's an interesting point. But why exactly should we want to destroy capitalism in favor of something else, rather than creating a "friendlier" version (which in my opinion would be highly regulated and have strong sanctions against lobbying the government in any way)? I consider myself a realist, and capitalism isn't going away anytime soon. The best we can do is make it in people's and companies' interests to have a conscience. And we all know that the only way to do that is with regulation, sanctions and all the other things. I think we have all the tools necessary.

And if someone does come up with a much better idea, then we should use it. But things don't change overnight and there actually ARE benefits to capitalism for a majority of people, which is something anti-capitalist people generally like to pretend isn't true.

"Beware..If you keep on biting and consuming each other, watch out lest you be consumed by each other."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|