View Single Post
Old 02.02.2010, 06:15 PM   #110
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what egotism?
This:
Quote:
not because i'm a hippie, but because owning too much crap is uncomfortable.

Quote:
obfuscate what exactly?
The fact that you regret the inequalities your consumerism produces.

Quote:
sorry, secret what? i coached who? can you explain?
Yes, if I remember correctly, phoenix or someone was talking about how difficult things were and you gave the old "go to the mattresses" advice. I'm not saying it wasn't valuable or warranted, just that I sensed your own opposition to the system.

Quote:
my message is what? keep your head down? fuck that shit. you've misread something.

Perhaps I have. I'm already aware that complaining on the internet is inconsequential which is why I assumed that you were criticizing more than complaining on the internet.

But if I've misread you, you've equally misread me. I'm didn't mean to assault your credibility to speak upon the subject, nor insinuate that I've suffered proportionately more than you. In fact, I was only meaning to establish that you, too, know exactly what I've been talking about, this catch-22. But I must ask, where have you seen me complain about my situation? The only time I've mentioned my unemployment in this thread was in reply to Glice. The only other time I can remember mentioning my financial situation was an argument with sway but that was over the public healthcare option. Never have I made a thread complaining about my situation, nor even so much as a long post. All I've said is that capitalism sucks, a sentiment you seem to agree with. It seems like half of your reply is attacking the message board with me as exemplar, really. To be honest, I've only posted in the 'what have you bought' thread maybe about once.

I'm starting to suspect that you didn't really take my joke about slave mentality as a joke.

Quote:
So you're paralyzed by lofty ideas while suffering neither hunger nor homelessness-- that's quite convenient. I wanna suffer like that too!
I think you already do.

Quote:
I've never said "do nothing" or "give up and submit"
Good, then that largely settles my dispute.

And because you care so much about how I am doing, I'm volunteering (being paid under the table) a part-time job as an teaching assistant for a Los Angeles after school GED course. It isn't much but I can pay for gas. Applied to the census about a couple months ago, too.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|